- PhD in Biochemistry (CSIR-UGC NET Research Fellow). Department of Biochemistry, University of Delhi South Campus, New Delhi; Thesis title: Phage-display based cloning and characterization of recombinant antibody fragments.
- MSc in Biotechnology Department of Biotechnology; Panjab University, Chandigarh, India; Thesis title: Isolation and characterization of hyperactive alkalophilic pectinases.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Bio-chemical Technology Sri Venkateswara College; University of Delhi, New Delhi, India.
- BSc (Honors) in Zoology Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi, New Delhi; India.
- Professor and Head of Department; Department of Biotechnology, Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University (SGGSWU), Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab, India – 140406. (Additional Charges of Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Technology; Faculty of Medical Sciences: Prof.-in-charge, Training and Placements; Chairperson, Institution Innovation Cell (IIC); Chairperson, Office of International Affairs etc)
- Associate Professor and Head of Department; Department of Biotechnology, Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University (SGGSWU), Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab, India - 140406
- Senior Scientist & Head R&D; SciGenom labs pvt. Ltd & MedGenome labs (A division of SciGenom); Plot 43A, SDF, CSEZ, Kakkanad, Kochi, Kerala, India - 682037
- Post-doctoral Research fellow; Mammalian molecular genetics lab, SC College of Pharmacy, University of South Carolina, 715 Sumter street, Columbia, SC-29208, USA.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow. Mammalian molecular genetics lab, Department of Physiology, Medical University of Ohio, Toledo, Ohio-43614, USA.
- Senior Research Fellow (CSIR). Department of Biochemistry, University of Delhi South Campus, New Delhi, India.
- Junior Research Fellow (CSIR). Department of Biochemistry, University of Delhi South Campus, New Delhi, India.
Three month Consultancy project to provide services on development of Bioinformatic Practice with “Accel Frontline Global IT services, Chennai.
Publications And Patents
- Gaur, J., Kumar, S, Pal, M., Kaur, H., Rana, R.K., Bala. K, Singh, P.P., Rajesh, C., Supreet, (2023) “Bio-functionalized, elongated hexagonal bi-pyramidal, citrus limetta/ZnO nanostructures as potential photocatalytic and seed germinating agents” (Under Review in Nano Future)
- Kaur, H., Kaur, H., Rajesh, P and Rajesh C. (2023) “RAD51 Protein Inhibitors Targeting Homologous Recombination Repair for Cancer Therapy”. (Under review in Genome Instability and Disease).
- Kaur, H., Rajesh, P Rajesh C. and Kaur, H (2023) “Combinatorial PEGylated PLGA nanogel for Enhanced Delivery of RAD51 Protein-Based Peptide Inhibitors to meliorate the efficiency of chemotherapeutics” (Under review in Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces).
- Kaur, G., Singh, Y. and Rajesh C (2023) “Expression Profile of RAD51 Protein in Multiple Cancer Cell Lines”. in Proceedings of 4th National Research Scholar meet 2023 on Evolving Trends and Challenges in Multidisciplinary Research; Publisher: Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University; Page. 29-33. (ISBN # 1-929890-8-2)
- Singh, R., Gurao, A, Mishra, SK, Niranjan, SK, Vohra, V, Mukesh, M, Rajesh, C, and Kataria, RS (2021). “Molecular characterization of the coding region and 5’ UTR of HSP70 gene in Indian riverine buffalo breeds.” Indian Journal of Animal Research, DOI: 10.18805/IJAR.B-4423
- Singh, R., Mishra, SK, Gurao, A, Niranjan, SK, Vohra, V, Dash, SK,Mukesh, M, Rajesh, C, and Kataria, RS (2021). “Current Status and unique attributes of Indian Chillika buffalo for adaptation to brackish water ecology” Tropical Animal Health and Production, 53 (6), 1-8.
- Singh R, Gurao A, Rajesh C, Mishra SK, Rani S, Behl A, Kumar V, Kataria RS (2020) “Mitochondrial sequence based evolutionary analysis of riverine-swamp hybrid buffaloes of India indicates novel maternal differentiation and domestication patterns” Animal Genetics, 51.3 (2020): 476-482.
- Kaur, R., Kumar, R., Kumar, R., Verma, S., Rajesh, C and Sharma P.K. (2020) “Structural and Functional insights about Unique Extremophilic Bacterial Lipolytic Enzyme from Metagenome Source” International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 152, 593-604.
- Kaur, H., Kaur, H., Rajesh, P and Rajesh C. (2019) “Nanotechnology-Based Drug Delivery System for Cancer Therapy”; International Journal of Nanobiotechnology. 5 (2); 8-36.
- Singh R, Gurao A, Rajesh C, Mishra SK, Rani S, Behl A, Kumar V, Kataria RS (2019). “Comparative modeling and mutual docking of structurally uncharacterized heat shock protein 70 and heat shock factor-1 proteins in water buffalo” Veterinary World. 12 (12); 2036-2045.
- Chhabra, V. A., Kaur, R., Rajesh, C., and Deep, A. (2018) “Facile and Efficient Nanofabrication of Brown Graphene Quantum Dots” in the 2018 Conference on Emerging Devices and Smart Systems (ICEDSS) (ISSN # 00189219); 149 – 151
- Singh, R., Niranjan, S.K., Rajesh, C., Mishra, S.K., Vohra, V., Dash, S. K., Misra, D and Kataria R.S. (2018) “Cytogenetics characterization of Kalahandi and Paralakhemundi buffaloes of Odisha state confirms their riverine status”. Indian Journal of Diary Science. 71 (3); 279-283.
- Chhabra, V. A., Kaur, R., Rajesh, C. and Deep, A (2018). “Synthesis of GQD-MOF Composite for Optoelectronics Applications”. International Journal of Review in Electronics & Communication Engineering (IJRECE), 6, 1796.
- Singh, R., Rajesh, C., Mishra, S.K., Gurao, A., Vohra, V, Niranjan, S. K., and Kataria R.S. (2018) “Comparative expression profiling of heat-stress tolerance associated HSP60 and GLUT-1 genes in Indian buffaloes”. Indian journal of Diary Science. 71 (2); 183-186.
- Chhabra, V. A., Rajnish, Kumar, N., Deep, A., Rajesh, C. and Kim, Ki-Hyun. (2018) “Synthesis and spectroscopic studies of functionalized graphene quantum dots with diverse fluorescence characteristics” RSC Advances, 8, 11446.
- Rajesh C., (2018); Book Titled “Phage-display based cloning and characterization of recombinant antibody fragments.” Publisher: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing; SIA OmniScriptum Publishing, Latvia, EU. (ISBN # 978-620-2-09484-9).
- Kaur, R., Rajesh, C., Sharma, R., Boparai, J. K. and Sharma P.K. (2018) “Metagenomic investigation of bacterial diversity of hot spring soil from Manikaran, Himachal Pradesh, India” Ecological Genetics and Genomics, 6, 16-21.
- Singh, R., Kumar, V., Rajesh, C., Gurao, A., Kulshrestha, A., Sehgal, M., Kaushik, A., Sharma, P., Mishra, S., and Kataria, R.S. (2017) “Computational analysis of HSP-60 proteins with structural insights into chaperonin containing TCP-1 subunit 5 in Bos Taurus”. Proteomics & Bioinformatics (moj), 6 (1): 0183.
- Singh, R., Mishra S. K, Rajesh, C., Dash S. K. and Kataria R. S. (2017) "Chilika- A distinct registered buffalo breed of India“. International Journal of Livestock Research. 7(9); 259-266.
- Singh, M., Kaur, P., Kumari, S., Rajesh P., Pittman, D.L. and Rajesh, C. (2016); Investigating the Role of RNA-Processing-Related and Mismatch Repair Proteins in Homologous Recombination Repair. Book chapter in book titled “Recent Advances in Emerging Technologies”; Publisher: Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University; Page. 121-133.
- Kaur, H., and Rajesh, C. (2016); Identification of Conserved Domains of Proteins Involved in Homologous Recombination Repair. Book chapter in book titled “Recent Advances in Emerging Technologies”; Publisher: Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University; Page. 69-81.
- Singh M., and Rajesh, C. (2015); Molecular Insights into Depression in the Genomic Era.” Book chapter in ebook titled “Depression: a silent culprit in health and disease”; Publisher: Bentham Science Publishers; Page. 69-81.
- Mahadevan L., Ancy Yesudas, Sajesh PK, Revu S, Prasanna Kumar, Devi Santhosh, Sam Santhosh, Sasikumar JM, Gopalakrishnan VK, Jojy Boben and Rajesh, C. (2014), Prevalence of genetic variants associated with Cardiovascular Disease Risk and Drug Response in the Southern Indian Population of Kerala. Indian J Hum Genet; 20: 175-84.
- Gupta, R., Ratan, A, Rajesh, C., Chen, R, Kim, HL., Rocco, Miller, W., Santhosh, S., Davuluri, RV., Butte, AJ., Schuster, SC., Seshagiri, S. and Thomas, G. (2012); Sequencing and analysis of a south Asian-Indian personal genome; BMC Genomics, 13 (1), 440.
- Rajesh, C., Baker, D.K., Pierce, A.J. and Pittman D.L. (2011); The Splicing-Factor Related Protein SFPQ/PSF Interacts with RAD51D and is Necessary for Homology-directed Repair and Sister Chromatid Cohesion.; Nucleic Acid Research, 39 (1), 132-145.
- Rajesh, P., Rajesh, C., Wyatt, M. and Pittman, D.L. (2010); RAD51D protects against MLH1-dependent cytotoxic responses to O6-methylguanine; DNA Repair, 9 (4), 458-467.
- Rajesh, C., Gruver, A.M., Basrur, V. and Pittman, D. L. (2009); The Interaction Profile of Homologous Recombination Repair Proteins RAD51C, RAD51D and XRCC2 as Determined by Proteomic Analysis; Proteomics, 9 (16), 4071-4086.
- Gruver, A., Yard, B., McInnes, C., Rajesh, C. and Pittman, D. L. (2009); Functional Characterization and Identification of Mouse RAD51D Splice Variants; BMC-Molecular Biology, 10 (1), 27.
- Nadkarni, A., Furda, A., Rajesh, C., McInnes, C., Ruch, R. J. and Pittman, D. L. (2009); Functional characterization of the RAD51D E233G genetic variant; Pharmacogenetics and Genomics, 19 (2); 153-160.
- Chakraborty, J., Okonta, H., Bagalb, H., Lee, S. J., Fink, B., Rajesh, C. and Duggan, J. (2008); Retroviral gene insertion in breast milk mediated lymphomagenesis; Virology; 377; 100-109.
- Rajesh C and Pittman, D.L. (2006); Cell cycle regulation in mammalian germ cells; Results Probl Cell Differ; 42; 343-367. (Book Chapter).
- Gruver, A.M., Miller, K.A., Rajesh, C., Smiraldo, P.G., Kaliyaperumal, S., Balder, R., Stiles, K.M., Albala, J.S. and Pittman, D.L. (2005); The ATPase motif in Rad51D is required for resistance to DNA interstrand crosslinking agents and interaction with Rad51C; Mutagenesis; 20 (6); 433-440.
- Naz, R.K. and Rajesh C. (2005); Gene knockouts that cause female infertility: search for novel contraceptive targets; Frontiers in Biosciences; 10; 2447-2459.
- Naz R.K. and Rajesh C. (2004); Passive immunization for immunocontraception: Lessons learned from infectious diseases; Frontiers in Bioscience; 9; 2457-2465.
- Naz, R.K., Zhu, X. and Rajesh C. (2004); Cloning and sequencing of a cDNA encoding for a protein specifically expressed in human testis, ovary and placenta; Frontiers in Bioscience; 9; 2020-2028.
B) Patent (Under Process)
2022 - Indian Patent filed and under review titled “A BIOSENSOR SYSTEM FOR FLUORESCENCE RESONANCE ENERGY TRANSFER (FRET) ASSAY” Application Reference no. 202211041062 Application no. TEMP/E-1/46502/2022-DEL.
Genebank Accession number: AY587847; Homo sapiens unknown mRNA. 1452 bp mRNA, linear, PRI 27-APR-2004; Naz, R. K., Zhu, X. and Rajesh, C.
Research Grants Awarded
- PI in BCIL-SBIRI project for onco-panel development awarded to SciGenom IN project entitled “Development of single tube multi gene onco-diagnostic tests for use with next generation sequencing platforms (Phase-I)” (Left company and transferred PI authority to SciGenom)
Abstract, Poster Presentations And Talks (Recent Selected)
- Poster: Devinder Kaur, Ekamdeep Kaur, Jaspreet Kaur, C. Rajesh, Harsimran Kaur, Preeti Rajesh; “In-silico Target Identification and Molecular Docking of Withaferin A and Withanolide D to understand their anticancer therapeutic potential. Accepted at the International Conference on Advanced Bionanotechnology and Biomaterials from May 15-16, 2023 in Montreal, Canada.
- Best Oral Talk Kaur, Harpreet and Rajesh, C (2023); “RAD51 Mutational Database: Novel Tool for Cancer Prognosis and Therapeutic Targeting” at the 4th National Research Scholar meet 2023 on Evolving Trends and Challenges in Multidisciplinary Research; held on 14th March at Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University.
- Best Poster Kaur, Gurjasleen, Singh, Yadvindra and Rajesh, C (2023); “RAD51 Mutational Database: Novel Tool for Cancer Prognosis and Therapeutic Targeting” at the 4th National Research Scholar meet 2023 on Evolving Trends and Challenges in Multidisciplinary Research; held on 14th March at Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University.
- Oral Talk, Kaur, Ramneet, Kaur, Harwinder, and Rajesh, C (2022); “RAD51 Mutational Database: Novel Tool for Cancer Prognosis and Therapeutic Targeting” at the International Conference on “Biotechnological Interventions to Overcome the Challenges of Covid/Post-Covid Era” (BIOCoPE 2022) from 24-25 March 2022 at Amity University Rajasthan, Jaipur, INDIA
- Oral Talk, Kaur, Harpreet, Rajesh, Preeti and Rajesh, C (2022); “In Silico determination of CHK1/CHK2 based phosphorylation sites of RAD51 proteins for targeted cancer therapy” at the International Conference on “Biotechnological Interventions to Overcome the Challenges of Covid/Post-Covid Era” (BIOCoPE 2022) from 24-25 March 2022 at Amity University Rajasthan, Jaipur, INDIA
- Domain Expert and Judge at Science technical session of National Reseach Scholar Meet organized by Indian Science Congress and SGGSWU on 14th Feb 2020 at SGSSWU, FGS.
- Resource Person for talk on Refresher’s course for College teachers organized by HRDC and Department of Biochemistry, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India on 23rd December 2019 at Punjab University, CHD.
- Convener and Organiser at State level School Science Quiz competition organized by Department of Biotechnology, SGGSWU, FGS, Punjab, India on 24th October 2019 at SGGSWU, FGS.
- Organiser and Convener of Career Fair-2019 organized by Department of Training and Placement, SGGSWU, FGS, Punjab, India on 10th April 2019 for placements of students of various courses at SGGSWU and nearby colleges and universities.
- Organising Secretary at Two Day National Symposium on Emerging Genomic Trends in Fetal and Neonatal Diagnosis organized by Department of Biotechnology, SGGSWU, FGS, Punjab, India on 7th and 8th March 2019
- Session Chair at DSIR sponsored Conference on “AGRI-SMART 2018: Using IoT for driving Smart Agriculture” organized by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing(C-DAC) Mohali, Punjab, India on 19th and 20th November 2018.
- Keynote Speaker at DST-SERB sponsored “Two Days Workshop on Futuristic Trends of Nano-Electronics, MEMS and NEMS” organized by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Mohali, Punjab, India on 18th and 19th September 2018
- Oral Talk: Speaker Varun Chhabra. Chhabra, V., Rajnish Kaur, Rajesh C. and Akash Deep (2018), “Facile and Efficient Nanofabrication of Brown Graphene Quantum Dots” at IEEE Conference on Emerging Devices and Smart Systems (ICEDSS18) to be held at Mahendra Engineering College (Autonomous), Tamilnadu, India on on March 2-3, 2018.
- Oral Talk: Speaker Harsimrat Kaur. Kaur, H., Singh, K, Kaur, H., Rajesh P., and Rajesh, C (2018); “Design and Docking Targets for RAD51 Protein-Based Disruption of Homologous Recombination Repair” at the International Conference on Drug Discovery: Biotech & Pharma at CrossRoads, being organized by Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, Punjab from 15-17th Feb 2018
Journal Editorial Board Membership
- International Journal of Nanobiotechnology (Editor-in-Chief)
- International Journal of Applied Nanotechnology
Awards And Achievements
- Awarded the Purina Mills training award scholarship at the annual short course in experimental genetics by The Jackson laboratories, Bar Harbor, Maine, USA.
- Awarded junior research fellowship and senior research fellowship by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Government of India during PhD. Program.
- Qualified National Eligibility test (CSIR-UGC-NET) for award of research fellowship conducted by Council Scientific and Industrial Research-University Grants Commission, Government of India.
- Qualified National level entrance examination conducted by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, for award of fellowships during M.Sc (Biotechnology).
- Trained in running and operation of Illumina’s Next Generation Sequencing platform, MiSeq
- 14th annual short course on experimental genetics of the laboratory mouse in cancer genetics research; Organized by The Jackson Laboratory; Bar Harbor; Maine, USA.
- Diploma in Computer concepts and application; International School of Computer Technology, New Delhi, India.
- Mammalian Molecular Genetics * Genomics
- Proteomics * Mammalian DNA Repair
- Genome instability and Cancer * Molecular immunology
- Developmental Biology * Molecular Diagnostics
- Homologous Recombination * Personalized medicine