MIT School of Bioengineering Sciences & Research, MIT-ADT University, Pune
Dr. Madhura Chandrashekar is specialized in plant genetic Engineering and currently focused on molecular Biology, Synthetic Biology, Gene regulation, Microbial Biotechnology, probiotics and microbes mediated bioremediation (plastic and pesticide degradation and Bioleaching of metals).
- Ph.D Plant Genetic Engineering | University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad | 2009 – 2015
- M.Sc (Agri). Plant Genetics and Breeding | University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad | 2004 – 2006
- B.Sc Agriculture | University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore | 2000 – 2004
Research area of interest
- Collaborative Project | Identification and validation of biomarkers for oral sub mucous fibrosis (OSF). | 2020 – Ongoing
- Area of Research | Plant Biotechnology, biodegradation (Plastic degradation and Bioleaching), biocontrol for pests and diseases in plants, Synthetic Biology, Biomarkers, Probiotics for Alzheimer’s disease
Honors and Achievements
- Registration of three-color cotton germplasm lines, Feb 2013 | DBB-12, DCG-78, and DMB-225
- National Eligibility Test (ICAR), May 2008.
- Merit Scholarship during Master of Science in Agriculture, University of Agriculture Sciences (UAS) Dharwad, 2004 – July.
- Agricos News Letter – Life member
- Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Sciences (KJAS)- Life Member
- Yogita Ranade, Indu Sawant, Sujoy Saha, Madhura Chandrashekar, and Pranav Pathak. Epiphytic Microbial Diversity of Vitis vinifera Fructosphere: Present Status and Potential Applications. Current Microbiology.
- Shwetha Nanjundaiah, Hariharakrishnan Chidambaram, Madhura Chandrashekar& Subashchandrabose Chinnathambi; Role of Microglia in Regulating Cholesterol and Tau Pathology in Alzheimer’s disease. Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology, 1318, 167-177, 2020.
- Chandrashekhar Angadi, S. M. Manjula, A. B. Basavaradder, Madhura Chandrashekar, S. S. Patil; Identification of High Yielding Lines in F7 Generation Recombinant Inbred Lines (RILs) of G. hirsutum × G. Hirsutum Cotton. Environment and Ecology, 35, 39-44, 2017.
- Chandrashekhar Angadi Manjula S. M, Patil S. S, Madhura Chandrashekar, Basavaradder A. & Santosh H; Correlation and path coefficient analysis of yield component and fiber quality traits of upland cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). International Journal of Agricultural Science and Research, 6, 171-176, 2016.
- Madhura Chandrashekar, Basamma K, P.V. Kencjanagouder; Assessment of genetic variability and inter relationship among minicore collection of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). International Journal of Plant Sciences, 7:307-312, 2012.
- Madhura Chandrashekar and Kencjanagouder; Analysis of molecular diversity using RAPD markers in minicore collection of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) Germplasm. Plant Archives, 21: 239-243, 2012.
- Basamma K and Madhura Chandrashekar; Cultural and physiological studies on Sclerotium rolfsii causing scleotium wilt of potato. International Journal of Plant Sciences, 7:216-219, 2012.
- Madhura Chandrashekar and Subashchandrabose Chinnathambi, Protein misfolding and Aggregation of Tau Protein and Alzheimer’s disease, Advances in Bioengineering, Springer Nature (2020)
- 1. Yogita Ranade, Indu Sawant, Madhura Chandrashekar, Sujoy Saha, Raviraj Shinde and Pranav athak. Preliminary studies on possible application of Kocuria sp. in plant growth promotion and Bioremediation.
- Yogita Ranade, Sujoy Saha, Madhura Chandrashekar, Raviraj Shinde and Pranav Pathak. Pattern of acephatetolerance in bacteriaisolated from thesurface of grape berry. 4th International conference for Recent Trends in Bioengineering. February 2020.
- Manjula S. M., S.S. Patil, and Madhura Chandrashekar. Development of naturally colored Gossypium hirsutum cotton genotypes suitable for textile industry through genetic improvement. 2011, World cotton research conference (WCRC-5). pp. 100-103.
- Online Faculty Development Program on “Education 4.0: Teachers Training (Version 1.0) for TCSiON LMS” conducted by MIT-ADT University.
- Faculty Development Program on "Online Teaching - Learning Pedagogy" conducted by MIT-ADT University.
- “The Art of Effective Teaching and Learning” conducted by MIT-ADT University.