MIT School of Bioengineering Sciences & Research, MIT-ADT University, Pune
Her research includes biorefinery, process development, technology transfer, biomass valorization, Protein/Peptide purification, anaerobic/Aerobic fermentation, feasibility studies, Enzyme kinetics, Separation of small molecules, Proximate analysis and characterization of small molecules, analytical method development, scaling up of process and technology transfer.
- B. Pharmacy | MIT, Pune (2004-2008)
- M. Tech Bioprocess Technology | Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai (2009-2011)
- Ph. D. Tech Chemical Engineering | Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University), College of Engineering, Pune (2017-2022)
- Expert in fermentation optimization and downstream process development
- 2 years of industrial experience in peptide synthesis, purification, and characterization
- Experience in biofuel (biobutanol) production using biomass (Project was funded by DST-INSPIRE and CSIR-SRF)
- Published 13 research articles and 3 book chapter during entire research tenure
- Khedkar MA, Nimbalkar PR, Bankar SB, Chavan PV. Adsorption of acetic acid on ion exchange resin in aqueous and non-aqueous conditions: Batch equilibrium study and thermodynamic analysis. Indian Chem Eng 2021, 1-11.
- Khedkar MA, Satpute SR, Bankar SB, Chavan PV. Adsorptive removal of unsaturated fatty acids using ion exchange resins. J Chem Eng Data 2021, 66, 308-321.
- Khedkar MA, Nimbalkar PR, Gaikwad SG, Chavan PV, Bankar SB. Solvent extraction of butanol from synthetic solution and fermentation broth: Batch and continuous studies. Sep Purifi Technol 2020, 249, 117050-117058.
- Khedkar MA, Nimbalkar PR, Kamble SP, Gaikwad SG, Chavan PV, Bankar SB. Process intensification strategies for enhanced holocellulose solubilization: Beneficiation of pineapple peel waste for cleaner butanol production. J Cleaner Product 2018, 199, 937-947.
- Khedkar MA, Nimbalkar PR, Gaikwad SG, Chavan PV, Bankar SB. Sustainable biobutanol production from pineapple waste by using Clostridium acetobutylicum B 527: Drying kinetics study. Bioresour Technol 2017, 225, 359-366.
- Khedkar MA, Nimbalkar PR, Chavan PV, Chendake YJ, Bankar SB. Cauliflower waste utilization for sustainable biobutanol production: Revelation of drying kinetics and bioprocess development. Bioprocess Biosyst Eng 2017, 40, 1493-1506.
- Nimbalkar PR, Khedkar MA, Parulekar RS, Chandgude VK, Sonawane KD, Chavan PV, Bankar SB. Role of trace elements as cofactor: an efficient strategy toward enhanced biobutanol production. ACS Sustain Chem Eng 2018, 6 (7), 9304-9313.
- Nimbalkar PR, Khedkar MA, Gaikwad SG, Chavan PV, Bankar SB. New insight from sugarcane industry waste utilization (press mud) for cleaner biobutanol production by using C. acetobutylicum NRRL B 527. Appl Biochem Biotechnol 2017, 183, 1008-1025.
- Nimbalkar PR, Khedkar MA, Chavan PV, Bankar SB. Biobutanol production using pea pod waste as substrate: Impact of drying on saccharification and ABE fermentation. Renew Energ 2017, 117, 520-529.
- Nimbalkar PR, Khedkar MA, Chavan PV, Bankar SB. Enhanced biobutanol production in folic acid induced medium by using Clostridium acetobutylicum NRRL B-527. ACS Omega 2019, 4, 12978-12982.
- Nimbalkar PR, Khedkar MA, Kulkarni RK, Chavan PV, Bankar SB. Strategic intensification in butanol production by exogenous amino acid supplementation: fermentation kinetics and thermodynamic studies. Bioresour Technol 2019, 288, 121-521.
- Raju A, Khedkar MA, Degani MS. Optimization of Mycobacterium tuberculosis DHFR production from recombinant Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Int J Curr Microbiol App Sci 2013, 2(6), 70-79.
- Raju A, Degani MS, Khedkar MA, Niphadkar SN. Novel affinity chromatographic technique for purification of dihydrofolate reductase from recombinant yeast. Int J Drug Design and Discovery 2013, 4 (1), 994-997.
BOOK CHAPTER (3)
- Bankar SB, Nimbalkar PR, Khedkar MA, Chavan PV. Biobutanol: Research breakthrough for its commercial interest. Wiley and Sons Publishing 2018, 3.
- Bankar SB, Khedkar MA, Nimbalkar PR, Chavan PV. Biobutanol from agriculture and horticulture waste: Technology and economics. Wiley and Sons Publishing (Communicated).
- Singhal RS, Bankar SB, Khedkar MA, Bedade D. Mixed culture cultivation in microbial bioprocesses. Springer Publication (Communicated).
Awards and Honours
- Award of Senior Research Fellowship by CSIR, New Delhi, for 3-year research project (2018-2021) at Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune
- Best research paper award for oral presentation in Sanvargam 2016: A national conference on “Energy and Environment” organised by Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune
- Award of Junior Research fellowship by DST, New Delhi, 2-year research project (2009-2011) at Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Qualified GATE-2009 conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mumbai, with 93.37 percentile
- Winner of college level carrom doubles competition at MIT, Pune
- Secured second rank in college level carrom (singles and mixed doubles) and throw ball competition at MIT, Pune.
- Biobutanol: The next generation sustainable biofuel production from agricultural waste
- Effective utilization of agricultural waste for advanced biofuel production
Conferences and Workshops
- Sanvargam 2016: A national conference on “Energy and Environment” Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University), Pune
- Seminar on 'Bioenergy for future' Vishwakarma Institute of Technology, Pune
- International conference on startup ventures: Technology developments and future strategies (SV:TDFS) IFERP, Manipal University, Jaipur
- Five days’ workshop on “Research methodology and statistical analysis” organized by Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune