Bioengineering is a growing interdisciplinary field which will drive the job market in the years to come. It is our constant endeavour to have industry tie-ups and associations with premier research institutes in India and abroad that will expand our horizons.
Industry Connect talks are conducted on a weekly basis at the institute to stimulate student interest and help them network with experts in the field. Many of the industry personnel are engaged as adjunct faculty to ensure that the syllabus meets the industry standard.
The institute strives for external collaborations intended to apprise students of the latest technologies fuelling industrial research. We have collaboration with various medium and large companies to provide state of training in the three specializations we offer – Biotechnology, Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering.
Under the umbrella of MIT ADT University, the institute offers research, training and exchange programmes with several foreign universities with whom MoUs have been signed such as University of Pitesti, Romania, De Montford University, Leicester, UK, Ural Federal University Russia to name a few.
Inter-institutional collaborative research is also proposed with Haffkines Institute and Nanotechnology and Nanoscience centre, Mumbai University in focused areas of mutual interest.
Talks have also been initiated with foreign universities possessing good departments in Bioengineering domain programmes to enable students keen on higher education abroad such as:
- UC Berkeley, California.
- Cal state University
Following MoU has been signed with MITBIO.
- MoU was signed between MITBIO & Institute of Applied Biological Research & Development (IABRD) for research collaboration & student internship.
- MoU was signed between MITBIO & BETiC centre IIT Bombay for sharing of knowledge for development of low cost medical devices. The BETiC satellite centre at MIT-BIO will be engaged in training, mentoring and supporting young medical engineering innovators to take their ideas, to industries for this MITBIO is developing network of clinicians, local hospitals, manufacturing vendors, domain experts and others stake holders. The BETiC lab at MITBIO is equipped with prototyping facilities such as 3D printer, state of art medical modelling software and electronics & fabrications kit.
- MoU was signed with Ncord Biotech, Pune to provide training and placement in the field of regenerative medicine and stem cell research.
- Sofomos Solutions, Pune is another industry partner engaged in biomedical device development with whom a MoU is in place.
- MoU was signed with Kalam Institute of Health Technology (KHIT) for cooperation in medical device technology transfer.
- MoU was signed with Persistent Systems to provide training and placement.