As the teaching itself is mainly project based, students are encourage to undertake small projects from the second semester itself. This inculcates the spirit of exploration and keen observation and also exposes them to the thrill of experimenting and learning. Some of the ongoing student research projects are highlighted here.
Student mini research projects in Cell Biology (BT 202) Sem II:
|Sr.No||Title of projects|
|1||Anti-mitotic activity of herbs and vegetables|
|2||Comparative analysis of antibacterial activity of Toothpaste|
|3||Antimicrobial effect OF Vegetable, herbal extracts|
|4||Thermal induction of polytene chromosome|
|5||Induction of cell division|
|6||Induction, Stress and Rate of Photosynthesis|
|7||Bacterial Biofilm destruction|
|8||Chemotaxis, Thermotaxis and Magentotaxis studies using protozoa as model system|
Student mini research projects in Biochemistry (BT 203) Sem II:
|Sr.No||Title of projects|
|1||Determination of milk casein content from different brands of milk|
|2||Determination of calcium content from different brands of milk|
|3||Preparation of biopolymer thin films for enzyme immobilization.|
|4||Effect of temperature on free and immobilized enzyme|
|5||Biochemical characterization of salivary amylase|
|6||Determination of pH, temperature optima of urease from glycine max seeds|
|7||Determination of thermal stability on free and immobilized urease|
|8||Effect of pH, temperature and substrate concentration on the activity of phosphatases|
|9||Estimation of iron content of selected green leafy vegetables|
|10||Estimation of calcium content of selected green leafy vegetables|
|11||Extraction of albumin and globulin from egg|
|12||Isolation of DNA from plant source|
|13||Isolation of RNA from plant source|
|14||Determination of antioxidant properties of Emblica officinalis L. leaves|
|15||Antioxidant potential of Mangifera indica L. bark|
|16||Determination of zinc content of some green vegetables.|
|17||Identification of sugar from fruit juice using Thin Layer Chromatography|
|18||Effect of water stress on free amino acid content of leaves|
|19||Effect of water stress on total soluble sugars in plants|
Student mini research projects in Introduction to Programming (CS 201) Sem II
|Sr.No||Title of projects|
|1||C Program to Convert Binary Number to Octal and vice-versa|
|2||C Program to evaluate postfix expression|
|3||C Program to implement BFS and DFS on a graph, represented using adjacency matrix|
|4||C Program for operations on singly linked list|
Students at the MIT Bioengineering encourage right from 2nd Semester to undertake projects leading to research publication and patents. Additionally students actively participate in national & international events such as KPIT sparkles, Smart India Hackathon, MEDHA (Medical Device Hackathon), iGEM & relevant conferences.
National level Hackathons
National Innovation Contest (NIC-2020) organized by MHRD’s Innovation Cell, TERRE Policy Centre, IIC MHRD and MIT-ADT University, Pune on 25th July 2020. 6 teams of MIT SBSR have been selected for incubation at Atal Incubation Centre
Name of Team Lead
|SIH 2020||Development of a business model for the collection and utilization of single-use plastics and other industrial wastes.|
|TriyakshMathur||MIT_NIC_0720POC010||ManaswiPatil||NIC 2020/ MIT-AIC||Better ways of composting kitchen waste|
|Devi Krishna||MIT_NIC_0720POC014||Akanksha Mishra||TERRE Policy/ MIT-AIC||Development of heartbeat analysing|
|ApurvaGosavi||MIT_NIC_0720POC046||Onkar Date||TERRE Policy/ MIT-AIC||Development of Lab on chip Thyroid diagnostic device|
|AnkurGhodke||MIT_NIC_0720POC011||Neha Agarwal||MIT-AIC||Dye degradation of industry Effluents using Bacteria and simultaneous bio-electricity generation using microbial fuel cell|
|MIT-AIC||Delivery of essential medicines in hilly area|
Medical Device Hackathon (MEDHA)
MIT ADT-SBSR has hosted 2018 and co-hosted 2019 a national event in collaboration with IIT Bombay - Mumbai , COEP-Pune, VNIT-Nagpur and NCL Venture Centre Pune.
|1||MEDHA 2018||4th - 5th August||Hosted||BETiC IIT Bombay, COEP Pune||MIT-ADT SBSR, Pune|
|2||MEDHA 2019||20th -21st August||Co-hosted||BETiC IIT Bombay, BIRAC Venture Center Pune||NCL Venture Center|
Students and faculties participation in conferences outside institute
Names of the participant/s
Title of Poster/oral
|1||ChandrakantTagad and Pratik A. Nagawade||Silver nanoparticles based optical fiber transmission sensor for the detection of mercury.||36th National conference of Indian Council of Chemists, 26-27th Dec 2017, Andhra University Visakhapatnam, India|
|2||SaipriyaKurapati, Neha Agrawal, Dr. NayanaPatil,||Isolation, characterization and identification of extremophiles from the marine ecosystem||International Conference on Advances in Medical and Industrial Biotechnology, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai- 2019|
|3||Ashima Khanna, Onkar Date, Divya Shetty, AnuOswal, Dr. NayanaPatil, Dr. MadhuraChandrashekhar||PEred : Solving plastic based menstrual waste crisis using synthetic biology.||Gaint Jamboree, iGEM 2019, Boston, USA. 2019|
|4||MayuriMalawade, RajnandiniChaudhari, VedashreeSirdeshmukh, Lokesh Sharma, KishorRajdeo, ChandrakantTagad||Silver nanoparticle synthesis using PVA/galactomannan/gelatin composite to develop bactericidal films for food packaging applications||3rd International Conference on Material Science (ICMS 2020) March 3-6, 2020 Tripura University, Tripura|
|5||HarshadaDhamdhere, AmrutaKakade, VedashreeSirdeshmukh, ChandrakantTagad,||Hydrothermal decoration of nanosilver on the surface of biopolymer modifying ZnO for excellent catalytic and biomedical application||3rd International Conference on Material Science (ICMS 2020), March 3-6, 2020, Tripura University, Tripura|
|6||Vipul Dhongade, Amol Kahandal, R. C. Aiyer, ChandrakantTagad||PdO-SnO2 composite based room temperature operable resistive sensor for the detection of ethanol vapors||3rd International Conference on Material Science (ICMS 2020) March 3-6, 2020, Tripura University, Tripura|
|7||AnkurGodke, Dr. NayanaPatil||Dye degradation and simultaneous bio electricity generation using microbial fuel cell||ICABET, held at Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata 2020|
|8||RuchaWadapurkar, Dr. Renu Vyas||Computational analysis of targeted sequencing data of ovarian cancer cell lines||ACER-Cancer Innovative Award for Best Innovative and Novel Idea, 2020|
Awards received by students in international and national conferences
1. Ashima Khanna, Onkar Date, AnuOswal, Ajay Extross, Divya Shetty, NayanaPatil, Madhura Chandrasekhar, Renu Vyas Bronze medal in international science competition, iGEM (International Genetically Engineered Machine), BOSTON, Grant Received by DBT, India.
2. "Two teams from MIT Bioengineering have been shortlisted for grand finale of Smart India Hackathon - 2020 organized by MHRD Government of India."
Team 1- (Team Name - SOS) Team leader- Ajay Extross
Team 2- (Team Name - The Green crew) Team leader- RaieeGulhane
3. "TriyakshMathur and team B.Tech.first year selected in final round of IIC (Institutions Innovation Council) which will represent MIT ADT University at IIC National Innovation Contest-2020, Govt. of India.
4. AnkurGhodke, from third year, Devi Krishna, ApoorvaGosavi first year selected for incubation in Atal Incubation Centre (AIC), TERRE policy centre and NIC-2020 MHRD, Govt. of India.
5. Ms. RuchaWadapurkar won "ACER- Cancer Innovative Award for Best Innovative and Novel Idea" in A virtual "International Conference on Basic and Translational Cancer Research: Novel Ideas and Approaches", " held on June 25-27, 2020.
6. Ms. Nilofer Shaikh won best eposter award in A virtual "International Conference on Basic and Translational Cancer Research: Novel Ideas and Approaches", held on June 25-27, 2020
7. MayuriMalwade, RajnanditiChaudhury, Lokesh Sharma, won Royal Society of Chemistry's Soft matter award for best poster presentation at International conference of Material Science, Tripura University, 2020.
8. YogitaRanade, Pranav Pathak, First prize in an oral presentation, Recent trends in Bioengineering (ICRTB 2020), MIT-ADT University.
9. Ajay Extross, Aditya Waknis, ChandrakantTagad, Pranav Pathak, Best Poster Award, Recent trends in Bioengineering (ICRTB 2020), MIT-ADT University.
10. Devi Krishna, Akansha Mishra, ApurvaGosavi, 2ndprize in the model competition, Recent trends in Bioengineering (ICRTB 2020), MIT-ADT University.
11. Tanuja Shendkar , Aishwarya Pardi, Gayatri Patil & Srushti Sutar are selected for the grand finale of KPIT Sparkle 2021,Pune.
12. Final year BTech students Niyukti, Neha, Pravesh, Pooja, Shubham, Wasim, Harshita and Amruta are working as interns at Andhra Pradesh Med Tech Zone (AMTZ) Vishakhapatnam have been involved in distribution of oxygen concentrators across the country to hospitals and charity organizations.
13. Third year students won the awards at eMEDHA 2021 on 16th May'21 Rishav Ranjan: Frugal Innovation Award, Zakariya Adil A. Khwaja & Prathamesh Mahajan : Innovative Solution Award and Swati Ramtilak: Product Design Award.
14. Second year B.Tech. student Kavisha Shroff selected as the best delegate in the Asian Youth International WHO Model United Nations.