A specific process that used complete living cells like micro-organisms (bacteria, fungus, etc.) or their components like enzymes, chloroplasts to get desired products. The bioprocess includes the conversion of substrates into a useful products with the help of microbes. Some o the projects that are undertaken here are production of bioethanol, biodiseal, diodegradation of dyes and plastics, bioadsorption, extraction of phytochemicals from the plant source and many more.
Downstream processing plays a vital role in the bioprocess, which refers to the recovery and the purification of desired products obtained from various bioprocessing reactions from the fermentation broth with the help of various unit operations and proper waste disposal. This also involves the recycling of biomass obtained from the bioprocessing. Downstream processing involves all unit operations after fermentation that improves the purity of the final product. It mainly includes distillation, filtration, centrifugation, reverse osmosis, chromatography, liquid-liquid separation, drying, membrane separation, and many more such technologies.
Waste management involves the treatment of waste generated during the various agro-industrial applications for its safe disposal. The waste management mostly involves the collection, transport, and finally, its treatment and safe disposal within the regulated values. The generated waste may be solid, liquid, and gases; also, the generation sources may be different, like industrial, household, or agricultural. Every generated waste should be treatedotherwise it may create hazards to humans or the environment.
- UV- Spectrophotometer
- 5 Lit lab fermentor
- Laminar airflow
- COD Digester
- BOD Digester
- Soxlet Apparatus
1. Invention Title: Plastic Degrading Reactor for Sanitary pad waste disposal; Inventors & Applicants: Renu Vyas, NayanaPatil, MadhuraChandrashekar, Pranav Deepak Pathak
2. Invention Title: Device and assay for detection of antibiotics in industrial effluents; Applicants: Sreya K. SwaroopMhasawade, NacyaSethu, ChandrakantTagad, Renu Vyas. Application no. 201921037177
3. Invention Title: Fiber based environment friendly, low cost and reusable packaging material from corncob; Application Number: 201921014053; Application Filing Date: 08/04/2019; Inventors & Applicants: Sanjay LaxmanBhagat, Vyankatesh Sanjay Bhagat, Pranav Deepak Pathak
1. Vidyadhar V. Gedam, AnupChahande, PranayRaut, Pranav Pathak, “Characterisation and potential of Java citronella – a lignocellulosic residual biomass for bioethanol production”, Int. J. Environment and Waste Management(2020) – Accepted, In Press
2. Sanjay Bhagat, Vidyadhar V. Gedam,Pranav Pathak, “Adsorption/desorption, kinetics and equilibrium studies for the uptake of Cu(II) and Zn(II) onto banana peel"International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering, 18 (3) (2020), 20190109;
3. Vidyadhar V. Gedam, PranayRaut, AnupChahande, Pranav Pathak, Kinetic, Thermodynamics and Equilibrium studies on the removal of Congo Red Dye using activated Teak Leaf Powder, Applied Water Science (2019), 9:55;
4. Saurabh N. Joglekar, Pranav D. Pathak, Sachin A. Mandavgane, Bhaskar D. Kulkarni, Process of fruit peel waste biorefinery: a case study of citrus waste biorefinery, its environmental impacts and recommendations, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 26 (34)(2019), 34713–34722;
DOI:https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-019-04196-0; PMID: 30645745
5. Pranav D. Pathak, Sachin A. MandavganeandBhaskar D. Kulkarni, Value-Added Products from Guava Waste by Biorefinery Approach, In Book: Biorefinery Production Technologies for Chemicals and Energy (Publisher: Scrivener publishing)- (2020), 163-196, Accepted In Press
6. Pranav D. Pathak, Saurabh N. Joglekar, Sachin A. Mandavgane, and Bhaskar D. Kulkarni, Fruit Peel Waste “Biorefinery” and Sustainability Issues, In Book: Bioresource Utilization and Management (Publisher: Apple Academic Press) - Accepted In Press
7. Pranav D. Pathak, Medicinal Properties of Fruit peel Waste, In Book: Advances in Bioengineering (Publisher: Springer), (2020), 115-128,
8. Pranav D, Pathak, Vidyadhar, Gedam, Sanjay L., Bhagat, AnupChahande, Biorefineries: A Sustainable Approach for High Value-Added Products in Rural India, In Book: Techno-Societal 2018 (Publisher: Springer), (2020), 585-593,
9. Lokesh Sharma, ShubhankarGouraj, PranitRaut, ChandrakantTagad, Development of a surface-modified paper-based colorimetric sensor using synthesized Ag NPs-alginate composite, Environmental Technology (2020) 1–10.
10. TahsinBennur, ChandrakantTagad, R. C. Aiyer, Atul Kulkarni, SmitaZinjarde, A sensitive and selective optical detection of Ni2+ based on gold nanoparticles synthesized using Nocardiopsis, Optical Materials, 2019, 98, 109447.
11. VedashreeSirdeshmukh, ChandrakantTagad, Renu Vyas, Anup Kale. Nanomaterial-Enabled Rapid Electrochemical Biosensors for Bacterial Pathogens. In: Vyas R. (eds) Advances in Bioengineering, (2020) Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-2063-1_11