MIT School of Bioengineering Sciences & Research, MIT-ADT University, Pune
Dr. K. V. Swamy has obtained his Ph. D in Biochemistry from Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. He has 12 years of experience in the Biochemistry, bioinformatics, computational biology, molecular modelling, docking and dynamics and Systems biology. He has authored 28 International research publications. He also serves as reviewer of international journals in the field of Molecular modelling. Bioinformatics, computational Biology.
- Ph. D. Biochemistry | Sri Krishnadevaraya University,Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh
- M.Sc. Biochemistry | Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh
Awards and recognitions
- Kasturba SamsodhanyuvratnaPuraskar 2019 by Kasturba Housing Society, Pune
- Research Award 2019 with cash Prize Rs.40,000/- by Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune on 5th September 2019.
- Young Scientist Award, by ICMPHP, George Washington, USA on September 8, 2012 4. Visiting faculty: Jaffna University, Sri Lanka
Research Grant received from Govt. India: 03
A. Sanctioned project entitled “A study to understand drug induced acute kidney injury using bioinformaticsapproach”
|Name of Mentor||Dr. K.V. Swamy|
|Amount Sanctioned||Rs. 30, 45, 000/-|
|Name of Principal Investigator (PI)||Dr. Vasudha Satalkar|
B. Sanctioned project entitled “Design, synthesis and evaluation of novel structural analogs of natural products as a selective modulator of PPAR pathway for lung cancertherapy”
|Name of Principal Investigator (PI)||Dr. Soumya Basu|
|Name of Co-Principal Investigator (CO-PI)||Dr. K.V. Swamy|
|Amount Sanctioned||Rs. 48,00,000/-|
C. Sanctioned project entitled “Molecular modelling and docking studies of Deguelin and its derivatives with cell arrest, apoptosis and anti- angiogenesis pathway proteins n cancer cell signalingpathways”
|Name of Principal Investigator (PI)||Dr. K.V. Swamy|
|Amount Sanctioned||Rs. 17,64,250/-|
- Probing intermolecular interactions and binding stability of kaempferol, quercetin and resveratrol derivatives with PPAR-γ: docking, molecular dynamics and MM/GBSA approach to reveal potent PPAR- γ agonist against cancer.
Lokhande KB, Ballav S, Yadav RS, Swamy KV, Basu S.
J Biomol Struct Dyn. 2020 Sep 21:1-11. doi: 10.1080/07391102.2020.1820380. Online ahead of print.
- Antioxidant, anti-quorum sensing, biofilm inhibitory activities and chemical composition of Patchouli essential oil: in vitro and in silico approach.
Mansuri A, Lokhande K, Kore S, Gaikwad S, Nawani N, Swamy KV, Junnarkar M, Pawar S.
J Biomol Struct Dyn. 2020 Aug 24:1-12. doi: 10.1080/07391102.2020.1810124. Online ahead of print.
- Exploring conformational changes of PPAR-Ɣ complexed with novel kaempferol, quercetin, and resveratrol derivatives to understand binding mode assessment: a small-molecule checkmate to cancer therapy.
Lokhande KB, Ballav S, Thosar N, Swamy KV, Basu S.
J Mol Model. 2020 Aug 20;26(9):242. doi: 10.1007/s00894-020-04488-0.
- Molecular docking and simulation studies on SARS-CoV-2 Mpro reveals Mitoxantrone, Leucovorin, Birinapant, and Dynasore as potent drugs against COVID-19.
Lokhande KB, Doiphode S, Vyas R, Swamy KV.
J Biomol Struct Dyn. 2020 Aug 20:1-12. doi: 10.1080/07391102.2020.1805019PMID: 32815481 Free PMC article.
- Effect of Photoactivation by Ultraviolet Light on Bond Strength of Composite Veneer on Stainless Steel Crowns-An In Vitro Study.
Sharma A, Kulkarni S, Swamy KV.
Int J Clin Pediatr Dent. 2019 Jan-Feb;12(1):50-52. doi: 10.5005/jp-journals-10005-1593.
PMID: 31496573 Free PMC article.
- Data on docking of phytoconstituents of Actinidia deliciosa on dengue viral targets.
Chandani SR, Lokhande KB, Swamy KV, Nanda RK, Chitlange SS.
Data Brief. 2019 May 17;25:103996. doi: 10.1016/j.dib.2019.103996. eCollection 2019 Aug.
PMID: 31338396 Free PMC article.
- Molecular profiling of multidrug-resistant river water isolates: insights into resistance mechanism and potential inhibitors.
Yewale PP, Lokhande KB, Sridhar A, Vaishnav M, Khan FA, Mandal A, Swamy KV, Jass J, Nawani N.
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2020 Aug;27(22):27279-27292. doi: 10.1007/s11356-019-05738-2. Epub 2019 Jun 24.
- Evaluation of Root Canal Filling in Primary Teeth by Volumetric Analysis: In Vitro Study.
Sijeria P, Bhartia R, Swamy Kv N, Kulkarni S, Singla S.
Int J Clin Pediatr Dent. 2018 Sep-Oct;11(5):386-392. doi: 10.5005/jp-journals-10005-1545. Epub 2018 Oct 1.
PMID: 30787551 Free PMC article.
- Molecular interaction studies of Deguelin and its derivatives with Cyclin D1 and Cyclin E in cancer cell signaling pathway: The computational approach.
Lokhande KB, Nagar S, Swamy KV.
Sci Rep. 2019 Feb 11;9(1):1778. doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-38332-6.
PMID: 30741976 Free PMC article.
- Molecular Modeling, Docking, Dynamics and Simulation of Gefitinib and its Derivatives with EGFR in Non-small Cell Lung Cancer.
Reddy PS, Lokhande KB, Nagar S, Reddy VD, Murthy PS, Swamy KV.
CurrComput Aided Drug Des. 2018;14(3):246-252. doi: 10.2174/1573409914666180228111433.
- In vivo and molecular docking studies using whole extract and phytocompounds of Aegle marmelos fruit protective effects against Isoproterenol-induced Myocardial infarction in rats.
Krushna GS, Shivaranjani VL, Umamaheswari J, Srinivasulu C, Hussain SA, Kareem MA, Reddy VD, Ali D, Lokhande KB, Swamy KV, Kodidhela LD.
Biomed Pharmacother. 2017 Jul;91:880-889. doi: 10.1016/j.biopha.2017.04.115. Epub 2017 May 12.