MIT School of Bioengineering Sciences & Research, MIT-ADT University, Pune
His research interests include metabolic disorders, pharmaceutically important natural products and their purification and characterization, preservation and chemotaxonomic analysis of bacteria; bioassays and culturing and preservation of plant and animal cells; multi-omics analysis, RNA sequencing, molecular docking, 2D and 3D Qualitative structure-activity relationship with relevant Bioinformatic approaches.
- Ph.D. Biochemistry | Savitribai Phule Pune University Maharashtra: 2013-2021
- M.Sc.Biotechnology | Shivaji University, Kolhapur: 2008-2010
- BSc Biotechnology | Shivaji University, Kolhapur: 2006-2008
- Patent: Glycosidase Inhibitor, Process For Its Preparation, And Applications Thereof, Published in The Patent Office Journal, issue no. 12/2021 dated 19/03/2021, page 14490.
- Research Article: Dandekar P.; Kotmale, A.; Chawan, S.; Kadlag, P.; Sawant, S.; Dhavale, D.; Ravikumar, A. “Insights into inhibition mechanism of human pancreatic α-amylase, a Type 2 Diabetes target, by dehydrodieugenol B isolated from Ocimum tenuiflorum” American Chemical Society ACS Omega 2021, 6, 1780−1786. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acsomega.0c00617
- Book Chapter: Dandekar P., Ramkumar S. Ravikumar A.“Structure-Activity Relationships of Pancreatic α-amylase and α-glucosidase as anti-diabetic targets”, Studies in Natural Products Chemistry (Bioactive Natural Products), 70, 381-410 edited by Prof. Atta-ur-Rahman, FRS, Elsevier Science Publishers, The Netherlands, Vol. 70. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-819489-8.00014-4
Awards and Honors
- A recipient of Sakal India Foundations’s Oka Research Fellowship for his impressive research and competence improvement and knowledge enrichment in his research area.
- Qualified CSIR NET LS DEC 2010 (AIR-205) in Life sciences
- Computational Drugs repurposing approaches for the development of therapeutics against Hepatitis E Virus
- Multi-Omics studies in animal models for analyzing the effects on the omics of the diabetic animals to evaluate safety, efficacy and interactions of medicinal compounds, plant extracts, and purified bio-chemicals.
- Characterization and mode of inhibition of pancreatic α-amylase inhibitors isolated from medicinal plants as a source of anti-diabetic agents
- In vivo, in vitro and in silico studies on the endophytic microorganisms
- Partial purification of fruit bromelain from Ananas comosus raw fruit and its proteolysis
- Comparison of antimicrobial effects of common household liquids
Conferences, Workshops and study excursions
Paper and poster presentation:
- ‘Protein Structure and Drug discovery’ at School of Life Science, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India: August 2017
- National symposium on 'Biomedicine: unfolding the secrets from nature' at Institute of bioinformatics and biotechnology, Savitribai Phule Pune University' January 2014
Participation as delegate
- Faculty improvement program/workshop on the elements of next generation sequencing by Amrita school of biotechnology January 2022
- Drug Discovery Hackathon-2020 jointly organized by AICTE, CSIR, Ministry of Education and MoE's Innovation Cell, Government of India.
- ‘Omics’ approaches in Plant Sciences’ at Botany Department, Savitribai Phule Pune University: September 2019;
- Presented a poster in ‘Protein Structure and Drug discovery’ at School of Life Science, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India: August 2017;
- Workshop on Biosafety in Teaching and Research organized by Institutional Biosafety Committee, Savitribai Phule Pune University, October 2017
- Workshop on Size Exclusion Chromatography/Gel Permeation Chromatography at NCL Venture Center, Pune: September 2012;
- ‘Current Trends in Epigenetics’ at IBB, Savitribai Phule Pune University: February 2016
Scientific, academic & Industrial visits
- Serum Institute of India Ltd. Pune; Vasantdada Sugar Institute, Manjri; ICAR-National Research Center For Grapes, Manjiri, Pune; Katraj Dairy, Pune
- Regional Wheat Rust Station, Mahabaleshwar, Dist. Satara; Chitale Dairy, Bhilavadi, Dist. Sangli; Vaishnavi Pathological Laboratory, Sangli;
- Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd., (Amul) Anand, Gujarat; Intas Biopharmaceuticals, Vadodara-Ahmedabad, Gujrat
Specimen Collection and habitat surveys:
- Krishna River Bank Sangli: 2008,
- Malvan & Tarkarli (Zoological specimen),
- Mahabaleshwar, Wai, Pachgani, (Botanical Samples)