The research aim of the Nanobiotechnology group is to synthesize, characterize and explore the various applications of nanomaterials for multifaceted applications in bioengineering. The lab vision and mission is to conduct cutting edge research and sustainable development in the field of nanomaterials for healthcare and related biological applications for various mechanistic and biomolecular studies. The faculties in this group have expertise in the field of nanomaterials, sensor technology, synthetic biology, processing and application biology. The importance of nanobiotechnology is evident in all sectors of society primarily in healthcare. From simpler food packaging to highly sophisticated devices for healthcare and diagnostics, nanobiotechnology has been thrust-areas in recent times. The future of nano devices, nanotech based drug delivery, nanomaterials in terms of fabrication, characterization and application is immensely potential.
Nano Synthesis and Characterization
1. Bala, P., Kale, S.N. (2020) Smart BiopolymericNanocarriers for Drug Delivery Applications, Advances in Bioengineering, 183-197 Springer
2. Lokesh Sharma, ShubhankarGouraj, PranitRaut, ChandrakantTagad, Development of a surface-modified paper-based colorimetric sensor using synthesized Ag NPs-alginate composite, Environmental Technology (2020) 1–10. https://doi.org/10.1080/09593330.2020.1732471
3. T. Bennur, C. Tagad, R. Aiyer, A. Kulkarni, S. Zinjarde, A sensitive and selective optical detection of Ni2+ based on gold nanoparticles synthesized using Nocardiopsis, Optical Materials, 2019, 98, 109447. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optmat.2019.109447
4. ChandrakantTagad, Hyo Hyun Seo, RuchaTongaonkar, YeongWook Yu, Jeong Hun Lee, MediniDingre, Atul Kulkarni, Hassan Fouad, Shafeeque Ahmed Ansari, and Sang Hyun Moh. "Green Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles Using Panax Ginseng Root Extract for the Detection of Hg2+," Sensors and Materials, 2017, 29 (2), 205-215. http://dx.doi.org/10.18494/SAM.2017.1475
5. NayanaPatil, W. N. Gade, D. D. Deobagkar. (2016) Epigenetic modulation upon exposure of lung fibroblasts to TiO2and ZnO nanoparticles: alterations in DNA methylation. International Journal of Nanomedicine. PMID: 27660443. DOI: 10.2147/IJN.S110390.
1. A Process of synthesizing Curcumin-Silver nanoparticle conjugates and antimicrobial formulation thereof. Ref. No. 201621022758. Inventors & Applicants: Sangeeta Kale, RohiniKitture, Narendra Wagh, PreetamBala
2. Title: Blower impeller and its method of manufacturing thereof; Application Number: 201921036524; Inventors & Applicants: Sanjay MadhukarraoNiwding, Sanjay LaxmanBhagat, Anup Sanjay Niwding, Pranav Deepak Pathak
3. Plastic Degrading Reactor for Sanitary pad waste disposal; Inventors & Applicants: Renu Vyas, NayanaPatil, MadhuraMadhuraChandrashekar, Pranav Deepak Pathak
4. Device and assay for detection of antibiotics in industrial effluents, SreyaKrishakumar, SwaroopMhasawade, NavyaSethu, ChandrakantTagad, Renu Vyas, Application number 201921037177