MIT School of Bioengineering Sciences & Research, MIT-ADT University, Pune
Dr. Sammit Karekar's research experience is based on the synthesis and physico-chemical characterizations of multifunctional nanomaterials. His key interest is to explore their applications in anti-corrosive paint formulations, waste water treatment etc. He has worked in the oil and gas industry and completed sand screen erosion and Erosion corrosion projects.
- PhD. Technology | Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai | 2013 – 2018
- M.E. Chemical Engineering .| Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune | 2010 – 2012
- B.E. Chemical Engineering. | Shivaji University, Kolhapur | 2006 – 2010
|Industry||2 years 7 months|
- Prime Minister Fellowship for doctoral research (April 2014-March 2018)
- S.E. Karekar, B.A. Bhanvase, S.H. Sonawane, M.P. Deosarkar, D. V. Pinjari, A.B. Pandit, Synthesis of Zinc Molybdate and Zinc Phosphomolybdate Nanopigments by an Ultrasound Assisted Route: Advantage over Conventional Method, Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification, 87 (2015) 51-59.
- A J. Jadhav, C. R. Holkar, S. E. Karekar, D. V. Pinjari, A. B. Pandit, Ultrasound Assisted Manufacturing of Paraffin Wax Nanoemulsions: Process Optimization, Ultrasonics Sonochemistry 23 (2015) 201–207.
- A J. Jadhav, S. E. Karekar, D. V. Pinjari, Y. G. Datar, B. A. Bhanvase,S. H. Sonawane, A. B. Pandit, Development of Smart Nanocontainers With A Zinc Phosphate Core and A pH-Responsive Shell for Controlled Release of Immidazole, Hybrid Materials 1 (2015) 71–79.
- Chandrakant R. Holkar, Ananda J. Jadhav, Sammit Eknath Karekar, Dipak V. Pinjari, Aniruddha B. Pandit, Recent Developments in synthesis of Nanoparticles Utilized in Polymer Based Composites for Food Packaging Application, Journal of Food Engineering and Nanoprocessing 1(1-2) (2016) 32-57.
- S. D. Kemkar, Milind Vaidya, Dipak Pinjari, Sammit Karekar, Sanjana Kemkar, Siddhesh Nanaware, Sanjukta Kemkar, Application of mixed colloidal magnetic fluid of single domain Fe3O4 and NiFe2O4 ferrite nanoparticles in audio speaker, Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Application, 7(1) (2017), 11-18.
- Sammit Ekanath Karekar, Dipak Vitthal Pinjari, Sonochemical Promoted synthesis of Molybdenum sulphide nanoparticles: Effect of calcination temperature, Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification 120 (2017) 268–275.
- Sammit E. Karekar, Kunal A. Gondhalekar, Dipak K. Chandre, Dipak V. Pinjari, Acoustic cavitation assisted preparation of poly(acrylic acid)-halloysite nanoclay hydrogel for removal of Auramine O dye from effluent, Current Environmental Engineering 5(2018)1-11.
- S.E. Karekar, U. D. Bagle, B.A. Bhanvase, S.H. Sonawane, D. V. Pinjari, A smart coating established with encapsulation of Zinc Molybdate centred nanocontainer for active corrosion protection of mild steel: release kinetics of corrosion inhibitor, Composite interfaces 25 (2018)1-24.
- S. E. Karekar , A. J. Jadhav ,C. R. Holkar , N. L. Jadhav , D. V. Pinjari , A. B. Pandit, B.A. Bhanvase, S. H. Sonawane, Ultrasonically created rectangular shaped zinc phosphate nanopigment: Synthesis,Characterization and its anticorrosive performance, Chapter in “Process Modeling, Simulation, and Environmental Applications in Chemical Engineering” edited by B A Bhanvase & R P Ugwekar, CRC Press, a Taylor & Francis Group, USA, 2016 (In Press)
- S. E. Karekar, B. A. Bhanvase, S. H. Sonawane, Sustained and Responsive Release of Corrosion Inhibiting Species from Multilayered Assembly of Zinc Phosphomolybdate Nanocontainers with Application in Anticorrosive Paint Coating Formulation, Apple Academic Press, USA (Partnered with CRC Press, a Taylor & Francis Group) Chapter No 14.
- M. Nidhin, K. J. Sreeram, B. U. Nair, J. Jakubowicz, G. Adamek, S. E. Karekar, B. A. Bhanvase, S. H. Sonawane, Suman Singh, V. K. Meena, D. V. S. Jain, and M. L. Singla, Complexities In Nanomaterials- Case studies, Apple Academic Press, USA (Partnered with CRC Press, a Taylor & Francis Group), Chapter No 13.
- K.Joshi, S.E.Karekar, S.A.Ghodke,S. H. Sonawane, System for Encapsulation and Release of Fragrant Molecules Using Nanocontainer. Indian Patent No. 3583/MUM/2011, (2011). (Granted)
- A J. Jadhav, C. R. Holkar, S. E. Karekar, D. V. Pinjari, A. B. Pandit, Cavitation Induced Nanoemulsion, Indian Patent Application No. 215/MUM/2015.
- S. E. Karekar, A. J. Jadhav, C. R. Holkar, , D. V. Pinjari, A. B. Pandit, System for enhanced anticorrosive protection by using n-Octyl phosphonic acid based functionalized zinc phosphate, Indian Patent Application No. 1834/MUM/2015
- S. E. Karekar, A. J. Jadhav, C. R. Holkar, N. L. Jadhav, D. V. Pinjari, A. B. Pandit, Synthesis of Molybdenum disulphide by using ultrasound and conventional method: Comparison of effect of Calcination temperature on crystal structure of Molybdenum disulphide synthesized by using both methods, in National Conference On Recent Trends In Chemical Engineering And Technology (REACT) 2015,organized by Laxminarayan Institute Of Technology (LIT), Nagpur, during 27th-28th February 2015.
- J. Jadhav, S. E. Karekar , C. R. Holkar, N. L. Jadhav, D. V. Pinjari, A. B. Pandit, Cavitation: a Novel Approach for Process Intensification, in National Conference On Recent Trends In Chemical Engineering And Technology (REACT) 2015, organized by Laxminarayan Institute Of Technology (LIT), Nagpur, during 27th-28th February 2015.
- N. L. Jadhav, S. E. Karekar, C. R. Holkar, A. J. Jadhav, D. V. Pinjari, A. B. Pandit, Solar Assisted Intensification of Chalcone (3-(4-fluorophenyl)-1-(4- methoxyphenyl) prop-2-en-1-one): Advantage over conventional route, in National Level Seminar on Recent Trends In Nanomaterial And Their Applications (RTNA) 2015 organized by Department of Physics and Chemistry, Sangola College, Sangola, during 23th-24th January 2015.
- S. E. Karekar, A. J. Jadhav, D. K. Chandre, A. B. Pandit, and D. V. Pinjari, Doping of N-Octyl Phosphonic acid species on the surface of ultrasonically synthesized Zinc phosphate nanopigment and its anticorrosive performance in carrier resin at various concentrations, in NANO INDIA 2015,organized by the Centre for Nanotechnology & Advanced Biomaterials (CeNTAB), SASTRA University, Thanjavur, during 29th-30th January 2015.
- R. Holkar, A. J. Jadhav, S. E. Karekar, D. V. Pinjari, A. B. Pandit, Biodegradation of Reactive Blue 19 using an isolated strain of Enterobactersp.F NCIM 5545. In 67th Annual Session of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, CHEMCON 2014, organized by Chandigarh Regional Centre, Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, during 27th-30th December, 2014.
- S. E. Karekar, A. J. Jadhav, A. B. Pandit, D. V. Pinjari, Poster presented on “A study of sonochemical synthesis of Zinc Phosphate and its anticorrosive performance in carrier resin such as epoxy at its various concentrations” in 11th international symposium on Surface Protective Coatings and Paint Expo 2014, organized by The Society for Surface Protective Coatings, India during 19th-21st January 2014.
- J. Jadhav, S. E. Karekar, A. B. Pandit, D. V. Pinjari, Paper presented on “Ultrasound assisted synthesis of core and shell assembly of Zinc phosphate based nanocontainers and its study of release of inhibitor at varying pH” in 11th International symposium on Surface Protective Coatings & Paint Expo 2014, organized by The Society for Protective Coatings, India during 19th – 21th January 2014.
- B. A. Bhanvase, S. E. Karekar, Sameer Kapole, R. D. Kulkarni, D. V. Pinjari, A. B. Pandit, S. H. Sonawane, Ultrasound assisted synthesis of zinc molybdate antocorrosive pigment and its role in polyvinyl ester coating, Presented in International conference on “8th Coatings Science International 2012 (COSI 2012)”, held in Noordwijk, The Netherlands during 25 – 29th June 2012.